Resimetal 201 Ceramic Repair Paste is a two component solvent free epoxy repair compound containing hardened ceramic fillers designed to fill surface erosion & corrosion on metallic surfaces.
• Apply to abrasive blast cleaned surfaces
• Excellent abrasion and wear resistance
• Apply at thicknesses up to 25mm (1”)
A two component solvent free epoxy repair paste containing hardened ceramic particles to give outstanding abrasion resistance. The product can be used to repair worn or damaged metallic surfaces subject to fluid erosion and corrosion.
Usefull for :
Internal pipe surfaces
Metallic Substrates – Abrasive blast cleaning
1. All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
2. All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile
of 75 microns (3mil) using an angular abrasive.
3. Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
4. All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation occurs.
PLEASE NOTE: For salt contaminated surfaces the substrate must be pressure washed with clean water and checked for
salt contamination, please refer to the surface preparation and pre-application guide for further information.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
1. The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C (60-77F°).
2. The ambient & surface temperature is above 5°C (41F°).
Once these 2 checks have been met, please proceed with mixing the product.
If part mixing a unit please follow the instructions below:
1. Using the spatula provided place 3 equal measures from the base unit onto the mixing board provided.
2. Clean the spatula thoroughly.
3. Then take 1 equal measure from the activator unit and place alongside the base measures.
4. Mix the 2 components together until you have a streak free mix (mid grey) on the mixing board.
5. Ensure there is no unmixed material on the spatula or mixing board.
If mixing a complete unit of material (1kg/3kg) please follow the instructions below:
1. Dispense as much of the base and activator units onto the mixing board provided.
2. Mix the 2 components together until you have a streak free mix (mid grey) on the mixing board.
3. Ensure there is no unmixed material on the spatula or mixing board.
From the commencement of mixing, the material should be used within 30 minutes at 20°C (68F°).
1. Using a spatula or applicator tool, apply the material to the prepared surface.
2. Ensure the product is pressed into any holes, scars or cracks.
3. Once the repair has been completed smooth off any imperfections using a gloved hand.
At 20°C (68F°) the applied materials should be allowed to harden for the times indicated below before being subjected to the
conditions indicated. These times will be extended at lower temperatures and reduced at higher temperatures:
Usable Life 30mins
Minimum overcoating time 2 hours
Maximum overcoating time 6 hours
Full cure 3 days
Mixed material – Mid Grey
Base component – Dark Grey
Activator component – Light Grey
Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.
Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 6 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash
blasted to remove surface contamination.
5 years if unopened and store in normal dry conditions (15-30°C/ 60-86°F)
Your orders are processed and shipped within 2 to 3 working days (valid for products available to Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg). Shipping costs for quantities of + 40kg outside Belgium must be calculated on a custom basis and will not be included in your order. You live in another country or you want to order more than 40kg to France, the Netherlands, Germany or Luxembourg? Contact us for a personal quote!
Do you have a specific product, a packaging that you cannot find on our website or a question about your project? Do not hesitate to contact us or to come to our shop in order to access our complete range and to benefit from our personalized advice. We will be happy to help you!