A two component thixotropic solvent free epoxy material used for injection applications, bonding of
dissimilar materials and for use in conjunction with a range of tapes and fabrics to produce high strength composite repairs.
This product can be applied to manually prepared surfaces to create a GRP layer around the entire circumference of leaking pipe surfaces. By incorporating layers of high strength woven glass fibre the pipe repair system is proven to give 10 years + protection to damaged, leaking or porous pipe surfaces.
Typically the composite wrap system can be applied to pipe diameters ranging from 1″-50″ and once cured can resist 150C temperatures and pressures of 300psi.
Porous and leaking pipe surfaces
Encapsulation of long lengths of large diameter pipework
Sealing of leaking tank joints
Sealing of leaking flange connections
Injection Applications – Bonding of dissimilar materials – Encapsulation using technical fabrics
1. Where possible all surfaces must be abrasive blast cleaned to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) and with a minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular abrasive.
2. However this product is tolerant of less than ideal surface preparation and will adhere to surfaces prepared using Hand tools, Mechanical Tools and Hydro-blasting.
3. Where there is corrosion pitting, this should be rebuilt using Resimac 302 Epoxy Repair Cement which can also be used to enhance adhesion onto poorly prepared surfaces.
*Please note that for best results, the preparation surface must be sandblasted clean. If you use inferior repair techniques, this may affect the performance of the product.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
1. The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
2. The ambient & surface temperature is above 5°C.
Once these 2 checks have been met, please proceed with mixing the product.
1. Transfer the contents of the Activator unit into the Base container.
2. Using the spatula provided (300-450gm units) or an electric paddle mixer (6kg unit), mix the 2 components until a uniform material free of any streaks is achieved.
3. From the commencement of mixing the whole of the material should be used within 25 minutes at 20°C.
Injection Applications : dispense the product into a one component cartridge up to 1ltr volume (0.25 US gallon). Using a single component injection pump, air fed, the material can be injected into gaps to bond dissimilar materials.
Bonding dissimilar materials : the mixed material can be used to bond a wide range of material including, concrete, plastic and metal. Apply the product using a brush or applicator tool at a wet film thickness range of 1mm – 4mm
(40mil – 3/16”).
Encapsulation using technical fabrics : the mixed product can be used in conjunction with glass tape, glass cloth, chop strand matting and linen scrim. The use of a technical fabric is dependent on the type of repair to be performed.
At 20°C the applied materials should be allowed to harden for the times indicated below before being subjected to the conditions indicated. These times will be extended at lower temperatures and reduced at higher temperatures:
Usable life 25 minutes
Touch dry 2 hours
Hard dry 24 hours
Full cure 3 days
Mixed material – Opaque
Base component – White gel
Activator component – Light yellow gel
Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.
Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 8 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.
5 years if unopened and store in normal dry conditions (15-30°C).
Your orders are processed and shipped within 2 to 3 working days (valid for products available to Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg). Shipping costs for quantities of + 40kg outside Belgium must be calculated on a custom basis and will not be included in your order. You live in another country or you want to order more than 40kg to France, the Netherlands, Germany or Luxembourg? Contact us for a personal quote!
Do you have a specific product, a packaging that you cannot find on our website or a question about your project? Do not hesitate to contact us or to come to our shop in order to access our complete range and to benefit from our personalized advice. We will be happy to help you!