FINRES SA, the expert in wedging and sealing for industry
Specialized in the consulting and distribution of composite products for the industrial sector, we are also the exclusive importer of the CHOCKFAST® range since 1976 (an ITW Philadelphia Resins product).
They trust us
"We have had a great experience working with Finres on a railway bridge refurbishment project. The preparation of the works was done on-time and with a good dose of common sense and practical knowledge. Experience of working with these specialized grouting products was evident and proved essential for the success of the project. The flexibility in planning on site and the safe working practices was greatly appreciated and lead to a productive cooperation on site."
"Following a request from SEGAL for the repair of the seat of a rail's coil lift truck (capacity 30 tons), we agreed with Mr Scheppers on an action plan to meet the requirements of the specifications. After the SEGAL purchase process, FINRES was ready to start the necessary actions according to the production schedule. On the day, the FINRES and SEGAL teams worked together to meet the deadlines set by SEGAL. Following this joint intervention, we were able to test the operation of the said loading trolley and conclude that the work carried out was a good job. If in the future I am consulted for a similar type of work, it is with pleasure that I will recommend the company FINRES for its competence, professionalism and availability."
"In order to fill a 10 m² area between our mechanical parts and a 2000 tonne steel structure, we were looking for a flexible partner who was willing to take on this challenge. The area to be covered had an irregular shape and a variable height. Finres managed to come up with an out-of-the-box solution that was also executed very quickly & smoothly. Because a lot of attention was paid to determining the correct approach and the work preparation, we are extremely satisfied with the cooperation for this complex assignment."
"In order to fill 3 compressor skids, with approximately 34.000 Kg each, with epoxy grout and also the frame with cement grout, we were looking for a flexible Partner who was willing to take on this challenge that included lifting the 3 compressors to allow concrete surface preparation.The area to be covered had an irregular shape and a variable height. Finres managed to execute the work on time quickly & smoothly. Because a lot of attention was paid to determining the correct approach and the work preparation, we are extremely satisfied with the cooperation with Finres and with the end result for this complex assignment."
CHOCKFAST, a sealing resin composed of an epoxy system and pre-dosed aggregates
- 100% contact between surfaces thanks to non-shrink polymerization
- Compressive strength of 850 to 1300 N/mm² (kg/cm²), superior to conventional sealing systems (5x greater than concrete)
- Extremely high vibration resistance, preventing premature mechanical fatigue of tool components
- Possibility of resuming work less than 48 hours after application, reducing production downtime
- Very low modulus of elasticity
- Fast curing for short downtimes (18 to 36 hours)
- Perfectly compatible with steel and concrete
- Casting thicknesses from 10 to 500mm possible
- Guarantees alignment
Whether it’s pumps, turbines, compressors, gearboxes, guide rails, wear plates, gantry crane rails, roller frames, crushers or any other tool with high forces in action, pushing conventional products like concrete beyond their limits. The use of CHOCKFAST ® is a fast, proven, durable and economical solution.
Push the limits
CHOCKFAST ® can be used for thicknesses ranging from 10 mm to 500 mm, between steel and steel or concrete and steel, and can withstand direct temperatures of up to 60°C, even under water. And thanks to specific engineering, FINRES SA can extend this already broad spectrum of applications even further.
- Compressive strength 105.5 MPa – 131 MPa
- Tensile strength 13 MPa – 32.3 MPa.
- Does not shrink in liquid or solid state.
- Impervious to most liquids, chemicals, lubricants and freeze/thaw cycles.
Fast curing 24 – 36 hours at 21 degrees C.
- Extremely high bond strength to steel and concrete.
- No components to measure.
- Epoxies can be poured from 0.6 cm – 45.7 cm thick in a single coat.
- 20.7 MPa – 41.4 MPa
- 2.8 MPa – 4.1 MPa.
- Can shrink to a liquid and/or solid state.
- Can be affected by anything.
- Slow curing, 7-21 days.
- Low bond strength
- Water adjustment for fluidity and resistance.
- Must be pumped into tight clearances.