A two component solvent free epoxy repair fluid containing hardened ceramic particles to give outstanding abrasion resistance.
The product can be used to resurface worn or damaged metallic surfaces subject to fluid erosion and corrosion :
– Eroded pump casings & impellers
– Eroded filter surfaces
– Corroded tube sheets, end plates & water boxes
– Internal pipe surfaces & elbows
– Eroded bow thruster tunnels & liners
– Leading edge of rudders & A-frames
Resimac 202 Ceramic Repair Fluid is an erosion/ corrosion resistant for heavy abrasion environments. The product contains hardened ceramic fillers and is ideal for protecting metallic surfaces in aggressive fluid flow environments.
• Apply to abrasive blast cleaned surfaces
• Apply to surfaces repaired using 101 Metal Repair Paste/ 201 Ceramic Repair Paste
• Ideal for protecting metallic surfaces in aggressive fluid flow environments
Metallic Substrates – Abrasive blast cleaning
1. All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
2. All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns (3mil) using an angular abrasive.
3. Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
4. All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation occurs.
PLEASE NOTE: For salt contaminated surfaces the substrate must be pressure washed with clean water and checked for salt contamination, please refer to the surface preparation and pre-application guide for further information.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
1. The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C (60-77F°).
2. The ambient & surface temperature is above 10°C (50F°).
Once these 2 checks have been met, please proceed with mixing the product.
Mix the unit in full (1kg/3kg) please follow the instructions below:
1. Pour the contents of the Activator unit into the Base container.
2. Ensure as much material as possible is drained from the Activator container into the base container.
3. Mix the 2 components together using the spatula provided.
4. Ensure the product is streak free and a consistent colour before applying to the repair surface.
From the commencement of mixing, the material should be used within 25 minutes at 20°C (68F°).
1. Gebruik een korte borstel om het gemengde materiaal aan te brengen, met een lengte van de haren van ongeveer 2 cm.
2. Breng de coating aan met een natte laagdikte van 250-350 micron (10-14mil).
3. 3. Speciale aandacht moet worden besteed aan gedetailleerde gebieden zoals randen, hoeken en lasnaden waar kwastapplicatie door
stippelen nodig kan zijn.
4. Laat de 1e laag materiaal ongeveer 2 uur uitharden bij 20°C (68°F).
5. 5. Zodra de 1e laag voldoende is uitgehard, een 2e laag materiaal aanbrengen met een beoogde dikte van
250-350 micron (10-14mil).
Temps de durcissement
At 20°C (68F°) the applied materials should be allowed to harden for the times indicated below before being subjected to the conditions indicated. These times will be extended at lower temperatures and reduced at higher temperatures:
Usable Life 25mins
Minimum overcoating time 2 hours
Maximum overcoating time 6 hours
Full cure 2 days
Mixed material – Dark Grey, Light grey, Red, Blue
Base component – Dark Grey, Light grey, Red, Blue
Activator component –Amber liquid
Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry, approximately 2 hours at 20°C (68°F).
Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 6 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.
5 years if unopened and store in normal dry conditions (15-30°C/ 60-86°F)
Your orders are processed and shipped within 2 to 3 working days (valid for products available to Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg). Shipping costs for quantities of + 40kg outside Belgium must be calculated on a custom basis and will not be included in your order. You live in another country or you want to order more than 40kg to France, the Netherlands, Germany or Luxembourg? Contact us for a personal quote!
Do you have a specific product, a packaging that you cannot find on our website or a question about your project? Do not hesitate to contact us or to come to our shop in order to access our complete range and to benefit from our personalized advice. We will be happy to help you!