Resimetal 204 UHD is a solvent-free, two-component repair compound based on a mixture of energy-absorbing epoxy resin and ceramic beads. and ceramic balls for extreme impact and sliding abrasion environments of wet aggregates and slurries.
– Apply to surfaces cleaned by abrasive blasting
– High mechanical adhesion to metal substrates
– Ideal for protection against sludge and aggregates.
Metal substrates – Abrasive blasting
1. All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using a suitable cleaner such as MEK.
2. All surfaces must be blast cleaned to ISO 8501/4 SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) with a minimum profile of 75 microns (3mil) using an angular abrasive.
of 75 microns (3mil) using an angular abrasive.
3. Once stripped, the surface must be degreased and cleaned with MEK or a similar product.
4. All surfaces must be coated before corrosion or oxidation occurs.
NOTE: for salt-contaminated surfaces, the substrate must be pressure-washed with clean water and checked for salt contamination.
Please refer to the surface preparation and pre-application guide for further information.
Before mixing, please check the following points:
1. The base component is at a temperature of 15-25°C (60-77F°).
2. Ambient and surface temperature above 10°C (50F°).
3. Ambient and surface temperatures not less than 3°C (6°F) above dew point.
Once these 3 checks have been carried out, proceed with mixing the product.
1. The product can be mixed in complete units or in partial mixes.
2. If mixing the whole unit, ensure that most of the base and activator is dispensed from the plastic container onto a clean plastic mixing surface.
on a clean plastic mixing surface.
3. Mix with the spatula provided until a uniform, streak-free material is obtained, ensuring that no unmixed material remains on the surface.
while ensuring that no unmixed material remains on the spatula or mixing surface.
4. From the start of mixing, all the material must be used within 50 minutes at 20°C (68F°).
5. For partial mixing, using a spatula, place 5 equal measures of the base unit on a clean plastic mixing surface. Clean
Carefully clean the spatula, then take 2 equal measurements of the Activator unit and place them next to the base measurements.
Mix as above.
1. Using the spatula or applicator tool, apply the material to the sandblasted surface,
2. Ensure that the product is pressed into any holes, scars or cracks, and profile the repair to achieve a smooth finish.
3. Apply in a single coat at a wet film thickness of 6 to 10 mm.
At 20°C (68F°), applied materials must be allowed to cure for the times indicated below before being subjected to the conditions indicated. conditions indicated. These times will be extended at lower temperatures and reduced at higher temperatures:
Operating time 50mins
Minimum recoat time 6 hours
Maximum recoat time 12 hours
Full cure 4 days
Mixed material – Medium grey
Base component – Medium grey
Activator component – Black
Minimum – the applied material can be covered as soon as it is dry to the touch.
Maximum – covering time must not exceed 12 hours at 20°C (68F°).
Once the maximum recoat time has been exceeded, allow the material to harden before abrading or sandblasting to eliminate surface contamination. to remove surface contamination.
5 years if unopened and stored under normal dry conditions (15-30°C/ 60-86°F).